World Wildlife Fund
For 50 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature.
The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by more than one million members in the United States and close to five million globally. WWF’s unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
hese things are not just “nice to have”. . . they are “need to haves.” They are the things that make it possible for us to live. And so, to ensure our very survival, they must be kept safe.
It’s a big job. And no one person or organization can do it alone.
But together we can.
WWF-US is part of the WWF global network which has worked for more than 50 years to protect the future of nature. In 2016, WWF embraced a bold new strategy and transformation designed to make the organization stronger and even more effective in tackling the challenges ahead. In this video, Marco Lambertini, Director General, WWF International, talks about WWF’s new way of working and commitment to conservation results.
Together, we can achieve WWF’s mission to conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
Together, in partnership with foundations, governments, businesses, communities, individuals and our more than six million members, we can conserve many of the world’s most ecologically important regions.
Together, we can
- Protect and restore species and their habitats
- Strengthen local communities’ ability to conserve the natural resources they depend upon
- Transform markets and policies to reduce the impact of the production and consumption of commodities
- Ensure that the value of nature is reflected in decisions made by individuals, communities, governments and businesses
- Mobilize hundreds of millions of people to support conservation
Together, we can protect life on our planet—including our own.
Because together, anything is possible.