Wednesday, June 19th 1:15pm – 2:15pm
You might think that faced with an old Cognos reporting application and BusinessObjects 4.1 connected to a DB2 Data Warehouse, a new Data Lake and a mandate to move everything to BI 4.2 and bring in new Data Discovery and Visualization tools at the same time all on a flat budget would be a daunting challenge. You would be right!
However, this is a real situation currently being tackled and this presentation will discuss some of the options considered and the plan currently in progress to address the challenge. Topics will include :
- Retiring Cognos and moving everything to BO 4.1 SP4.
- Updating BO 4.1 to 4.2 SP7
- Getting users to utilize BO for BI solutions and not data dumps
- Utilizing the Data Lake which was implemented but not connected to BO
- Implementing an Analysis solution Tableau vs Lumira Discovery
- Bring it all together with Business Objects and the future purchase of InfoBurst for Tableau
SHAUN BOYLAN – PacifiCorp